The Information Technology Summer Internship Program is a strategic program that enables participants to combine their coursework experience with the skills and real world experience needed to broaden their knowledge across the IT application development spectrum.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join our Programmer Analyst team located in Newport News, Virginia. We currently have an opening in our custom programming team developing world class applications, interfaces, and functionality to meet the needs of our business. Candidates who have challenged themselves and have demonstrated success in the classroom are encouraged to apply. Bring us your enthusiasm and academic knowledge along with a demonstrated ability to learn about our business and about our critical information needs and we will provide a top-notch environment to make you successful. The intern program is designed for students seeking a career within the development field.
Summary of Position:
Develop new applications and features to provide enhanced functional capabilities to our business, through accurate, timely and effective application design, coding, testing and implementation.
The internship will run from mid-May to mid-August, pending the interns school schedule. It will be Monday through Friday, 8-5 p.m. and paid at the rate of $12 an hour. Candidates must reside in Hampton Roads for the summer months and prefer candidates whose permanent residence are in Hampton Roads.
· Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, or equivalent and have a history or academic success.
· Candidate should be a Sophomore or Junior and will consider May 2013 graduate. Residence for summer should be in Hampton Roads area.
· Self-motivated and results oriented
· Able to manage multiple competing priorities and tasks effectively
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Comfortable and productive working within aggressive schedules
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
· Must possess both outstanding written and oral communication skills
· 3.0 GPA or above
· Teamwork skills are a must
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. - 13 months ago