High School or Equivalent
Ø Focusing on interpersonal skills, data collection and ability to assess situations and to assist the team in developing solutions to achieve excellence in customer service while ensuring the financial viability of the hospital.
- Under the direction of the Patient Access manager, the primary focus of this role is to handle all patient and family interactions with the highest level of professionalism and personal attention while achieving maximum customer satisfaction. The incumbent will assist in the coordination of all aspects of customer service for all Patient Access areas in a manner that ensures a customer focused, quality conscious work climate. The primary functions of this position include:
Ø Collecting and verifying patient and insurance demographics, securing pre certifications and/or pre notifications for patient services, collection of co-pay and deposits prior to services and providing financial assistance to patients.
Ø Responsibility for recognizing the patients’ ability to pay or need of assistance as well as assisting patients in their efforts to obtain services within the Network in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE: Phlebotomy experience required. Previous healthcare experience preferred. Must have well-developed problem-solving and communication skills.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Ability to work with all types of patients
- Excellent verbal and written communication including professional one-on-one interactions and phone skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a team player
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Proficient in data entry with multiple software application usage
- Resourceful out-of-the box thinker, ensuring timely resolution of patient needs
- Maintains professional demeanor in every level of communications whether inter-department, customer, peer, or leadership
- Testing - typing 35 wpm, data entry, customer service, spelling/grammar
Community Health Network - 18 months ago