The Women's Merchandising Assistant will understand and enjoy the Orvis distinctive country lifestyle, culture, product lines and customer. Responsibilities will include assisting in the cycle of women’s product development for all business channels (catalog, e-commerce, and retail).
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
This position will report directly to the DMM of Women’s Apparel located in Sunderland, Vermont. It is an individual contributor role and does not involve supervision of other Associates.
This position will interface on a routine basis with the VP and DMM of Women’s, Women’s Product Developers, Vendors, Web Merchants, Retail Merchants, UK Merchants, Inventory Control, Sourcing, Sample Room Coordinator, Catalog Production Personnel, and others as needed.
Evaluation will be based on Success Rate % in meeting various Merchandising Development deadlines
- Attend all Product Development Build Meetings and assist the Product Development Specialist (PDS) with their assigned subcategories of development
- Assist PDS in getting timely information and samples from various Vendors to meet Process calendar deadlines
- Enter and maintain product information files for assigned subcats in the I Series system
- Maintain the fabric development library and assist in selecting and presenting new colors for each season
- Assist PDS in tracking subcat and item performance sales and profit analysis
- Preparation for Line Reviews and all product presentations – have all samples of assigned subcats, swatches and tech packs available
- Responsible for follow up on assigned subcats catalog proofing questions
- Develop full familiarity with all new and repeat assigned subcat individual items
- A two-year College degree in related business field such as Fashion Design and Merchandising
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong follow up
- Ability to anticipate and meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects
- Motivation to understand the Product Development process and Assist Product Development Specialists
- Team Player – must interact with many other departments and be willing to take the initiative to complete a project
Orvis - 17 months ago
Have visions of fly-fishing the trout streams of the American West but don't know where to start? The Orvis Company can outfit you....