Title: Product Manager - Insurance
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides
information management services that help organizations
lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing
their physical and digital data. The company’s solutions
enable customers to protect and better use their
information—regardless of its format, location or
lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and
ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery.
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of
information assets, including business records,
electronic files, medical data, emails and more for
organizations around the world. Visit
www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at
www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Manager -
The Product Manager for the Insurance vertical is
chartered to lead product strategy, product definition
and opportunity identification and assessment for their
service category to drive revenue growth and retention.
This role requires a self-driven individual who can
manage across and drive cross-functional teams of senior
leaders and individual contributors throughout a
matrixed, distributed organization. This position
represents Iron Mountain to customers, prospects,
partners, competitors, industry analysts and other
significant constituencies as well as representing those
constituencies within Iron Mountain
This individual will maintain a current understanding of
various industry trends, and analyze and evaluate the
marketplace to identify product opportunities/niches.?
The ideal candidate will coordinate and analyze market
research findings and collaborate on the generation of
product concepts while also being able to communicate
concepts persuasively to a variety of audiences.
Service Line Strategy and Roadmap
and long-term product line strategies and roadmaps
- Drives the development and execution of short-term
across the services portfolio, validating with
customers and modifying accordingly
product line expansion
- Business-plan generation
- Facilitates build, buy, partner decisions for
Product Planning and Development
features, manage cross-company efforts to ensure
- Manage the definition and development of new product
approval, and coordinate their introduction
and definition using market research firms and
- Conduct market opportunity and requirements analysis
and service enhancement initiatives
- Leads cross-functional team in product development
market research, market assessments, competitive
- Develop new service offerings by market testing,
evaluations, and service line development activities
define product concepts, develop detailed
- Gather input both internally and externally to
requirements, feature definitions and implementation
the product development process
- Prioritize requirements and resolve conflicts during
with functional areas)
- Package, price and bundle service offerings (work
Service Line Management
offerings including win/loss analysis, concepts for
- Analyzes the performance of current service
new services (includes forecasts for those new
services), and service offerings of competitors and
drives portfolio changes as appropriate.
management leadership for the service offering.
- Provides North American and/or global product
financial performance, volumetric behavior and
- Analyzes current product and service offering
activity trends. Makes go forward recommendations.
marketability of products, establishing and
- Manages product and service life cycles.
- Provides strategic recommendations to management.
- Provides the "voice of the customer" to ensure
tailoring of value propositions for appropriate
and/or geography leadership to define value and
- Collaborates with geographic Product Marketing
prioritize future product requirements and roadmap.
Organizational integration, leverage and alignment
goals of senior business leaders across functional
- Must have the ability to lead and influence the
Executive Leaders, Sales, Product Marketing, FP&A,
- Foster close working relationships with Service Line
Sales Enablement, Marketing Communications, Field
Marketing, PR, Corporate Marketing, Executive and
Operations teams to effectively leverage expertise
and resources, and utilize cross functional teams to
maximize and focus resources on the achievement of
Marketing and business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
significant portion in brand management for a
- 4-7 years of Insurance vertical experience, with a
related to strategy development and problem solving.
- Strong executive facilitation skills and experience
- Working knowledge of information management
competitive dynamics, business performance)
- Solid strategic analytical skills (i.e., market and
competing and shifting priorities
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with
(including presentations), as well as listening and
- MBA preferred
- Highly seasoned project management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
focus on the firm’s culture and values.
- Excellent people management skills, with an intense
Leadership: As the product line leader for the Insurance
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Results oriented.
vertical, lead others to achieve financial and product
Problem Solving: Ability to identify problems and source
of cause. Over time, increase ability to navigate
internally to find owners of resolution.
Nature of Impact: Sets and delivers upon the strategy
for the products consumed by the Insurance vertical.
Area of Impact: North America. Global upon request.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills
required to effectively convey ideas, listen to feedback
and adjust message accordingly in order to gain support.
% Total travel: 30
% Local travel (Depending on location): 5
% Overnight travel: 25
At this time we are considering only local candidates
who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No
agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our
requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Iron Mountain - 14 months ago
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...