Since 1982, Amedisys Home Health has grown to be a national leader in the home healthcare industry meeting high expectations for rewarding careers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Psych/Mental Health Registered Nurse for our home health agency. Join a medical company named a “Best Small Company” by Forbes magazine for the past four years running! We are growing rapidly and seeking dynamic healthcare professionals which is why we need YOU! We believe what we do is an honor and a privilege - we make it possible for patients to remain where they prefer to be - in their homes. And we believe that each and every employee is responsible for our success - one person at a time.
PSYCHIATRIC/MENTAL HEALTH REGISTERED NURSE
Duties of Psych/Mental Health Registered Nurse include:
Responsible for furnishing comprehensive, skilled, psychiatric-nursing services to psychiatric patients in their place of residence, including children, adolescents, and adults.
1. Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company
2. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
3. A registered nurse with a master’s degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing or a registered nurse with a bachelor’s degree in nursing with one year of experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic or a registered nurse with a diploma or associate’s degree with two years experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic. On an individual basis, other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
4. Must have good verbal and written communication skills and evaluation techniques and demonstrate knowledge of clinical skills, judgment, current nursing practices and analytical capabilities.
5. Must be familiar with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party payor guidelines.
6. Must have a current driver’s license, agency-required automobile liability insurance, and availability of personal, dependable transportation to conduct home visits.
7. Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
8. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- CB* Please contact Jason Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amedisys, Inc. - 15 months ago
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the nation’s...