Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
Responsible for financial reporting and analysis, cost management, budget development & support, forecasting, and long-range planning for the Brunswick Nuclear Plant. This position will report to the Manager of Financial Services at the Brunswick Nuclear Plant in Southport, NC.
For various sections/units at the Brunswick Nuclear Plant, this incumbent will be the single point of contact for all financial matters and will perform financial analysis and cost management processes.
This individual will work independently on tasks/projects with limited supervision. Also, is expected to identify problems and possible solutions and take appropriate action for resolution. Proficiency in financial software applications is required.
- Performs financial analysis and cost management processes for various sections/units. This includes appropriate level of cost tracking and variance analysis monthly, review for inappropriate charges against budgets, ensuring management understanding of monthly charges and working with management to develop financial projections.
- Assists with budgeting support for assigned sections and units. This includes development of detailed 2 year budgets and entry into the company budget system. This position also supports preparation of appropriate budget challenge information and support to assist management in meeting budget targets.
- Acts as the single point of contact for their assigned section and units for all financial matters. This includes guidance on long range planning, supporting infrastructure and policy such as labor entry, invoice processing, accruals, and correcting journal entries.
- Supports nuclear functions such as safety meetings, Emergency Response Organization, Outage Supporting Positions, Outage Cost reporting, etc.
Duke Energy's mission is to provide a safe, secure working environment for personnel in the plants. The selected candidate will be required to obtain U.S. Nuclear Power Plant Unescorted Access and will participate in the company's Fitness-for-Duty Program. Selected candidates may also be required to maintain qualifications and on-call responsibilities in support of the plant Emergency Response Organization (ERO), which means you are expected to arrive at your ERO duty station within the prescribed response times and fit for duty when on-call. Emergency response times are based on the distance in miles and the associated travel time from your residence to the plant emergency response facility that you are assigned. In order to obtain unescorted access, the selected candidate will be required to complete a Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ). Information from this form will be used to conduct an extensive background investigation as required by Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and internal controls.
- 4 – 6 years of work experience in finance related field (planning, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting or accounting).
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and good sense of business acumen.
- Prior experience in analyzing actual vs. budget and actual vs. actual variances
- Strong information technology skills and competencies and the ability to develop an understanding of financial applications. Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (proficiency with pivot tables, vlookup, etc.). • Prior experience in querying financial data and producing financial reports.
- Ability to obtain and retain U.S. Nuclear Power Plant Unescorted Access.
- Prior experience in Nuclear Utility Finance.
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields.
- 5 - 7 years of work experience in finance-related field (planning, analysis, budgeting and forecasting, or accounting)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification (or working toward certification)
- Prior experience or knowledge in providing financial support to an operational group
- Prior experience with using Business Objects, PeopleSoft Financials and/or Oracle Financials
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships with customers at all levels within the organization.
- Self motivated; able to work independently and in a team environment
Duke Energy - 21 months ago
Duke Energy Carolinas (formerly Duke Power) energizes the Carolinas as well as its parent company's sales. A part of top US power firm...