- Participates in Information Services projects to support new and installed clinical systems at the hospital.
- Responsibilities include: planning, design, testing, documentation, training, implementation, and ongoing support activities for nurses, physicians and other caregivers.
- Serves on informatics task forces, quality initiatives and other committees that require nurse participation.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures related to nursing documentation.
- Identifies and takes action to refine ineffective processes in collaboration with staff and other disciples.
- Makes provision for data collection, analysis and actions.
- Support regulatory / accreditation processes.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following applications required: Meditech, PICIS (surgical services), Elekta (medical oncology)
- BSN required; certification in Nursing Informatics desired.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications.
- Basic understanding of integrated clinical systems.
- Highly developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly.
- Ability to convey messages and thoughts clearly to a diverse audience, using both verbal and written mediums.
- Requires the ability to promote change among large groups of workers.
- Ability to coordinate information and multitask, work under stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions, and to possess analytical problem solving skills.