Position Title: Intern - IT
Reports To: Director of Software Development - IT
Status: Temporary – Intern Position
Pay: $12 - $15/hour
The IT Intern will experience Nelnet Business Solutions’ business and culture through hands-on work experiences in a software development area of choice: business analysis, web design, development, testing, or user experience analysis. This position will accomplish tasks and activities related to goals, plans, and competencies agreed upon by the Intern and his/her assigned supervisor, as well as the Director of Software Development. In addition, the IT Intern will complete a career-related project.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide general assistance and support for the department’s software development process, focused on area of choice.
2. Research new topics and develop department materials.
3. Assist with tasks and projects.
4. Complete special projects as assigned by management.
5. Provide backup as directed by supervisor and other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Attention to detail.
2. Demonstrated skills in the software development area of choice:
a. Business analysis
c. .NET programming using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
d. Software and QA testing
e. User experience analysis
3. General knowledge of software development life cycles and methodologies.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
5. Good oral and written communication.
6. Ability to follow directions.
7. Willingness to learn new processes.
8. Energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
9. Good work ethic and habits.
Education and Experiences:
1. Enrolled in courses and actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field(s).
2. Minimum Junior status in field of study.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.