Are you seeking a challenging IT career that challenges not only your outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills but also your spirit of teamwork in order to reach and exceed organizational goals? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and geographically-diverse environment in which workload prioritization delivers solid results? If this sounds like you, The Talmadge Group wants to hear from you as soon as possible. We have been engaged by one of our nation's cornerstone financial institutions to locate such a talented professional for the role of our new Software Configuration Analyst.
Qualified candidates will be responsible for developing and applying Software Configuration Management (SCM) practices to support the development, testing and implementation of software applications. The position's many key activities under this umbrella are varied and include:
The qualifications and additional skills you will need to succeed are:
- Software building, packaging release and delivery to multiple testing environments
- Researching, designing and implementing new software configuration management tools from the ground-up to automate and release software applications
- Teaming with application developers on standard tools and processes to ensure organizational requirements and compliance standards are met
- Managing source code tagging, branching and merging multiple release streams within the source code management tool
- Conducting periodic reviews of user access to the source code repository and teaming with designated staff to maintain the authorized access and permissions
- Understanding, monitoring and leading change in the product life cycle and development process to carry forward software configuration management best practices
- Communicating status, progress on deliverables and risks/issues to team members and leadership in a timely manner
- Working with information security and server support personnel to ensure server patching activities are well-coordinated with ongoing configuration management support
- Creating and maintaining CM process documentation
If the above qualifications describe you, please contact Jay Winslow at (816) 410-0983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United States citizenship is required; additional citizenship requirements may apply
- Associate's degree in information systems, technology or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years scripting experience (e.g., Perl, ksh/Bash shell) on UNIX and Windows servers and three years software development or software administration experience
- Experience in Software Configuration Management process and methodology; the ability to help define and establish configuration management practices with the team and organization
- In-depth experience utilizing Subversion as an enterprise-level source control tool and experience working with platforms such as Windows, Unix/Linux, MVS
- Experience supporting developers using a variety of software development platforms such as the Eclipse IDE, IBM Rational Application Developer, .Net and Java
- Understanding of and experience with the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Agile development
- Experience migrating source code from ClearCase to Subversion a plus
- Experience with build automation using Jenkins/Hudson and Bamboo a plus
- Experience with build technologies (Ant, Make, etc.) not required but preferred
- Familiarity with WebSphere deployment concepts such as EAR and JAR files a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple releases in various testing environments desired
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas with a diverse group of people and providing after-hours support as part of on-call rotation
- Preferable tool experience: Atlassian JIRA, Bamboo, FishEye, Confluence, Bamboo, GreenHopper and Bonfire
Who are we? The Talmadge Group is one of the rapidly-growing certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) working with both the public and government sectors. We need strong team members, as the work we do affects the nation and our friends, allies and partners. If you are interested in work that matters, we want to talk to you as soon as possible.
Talmadge provides platform independent IT Integration and Support services to Federal, State and Commercial clients. The long standing...