Key Job Responsibilities
- The Software Engineer III (Python / App Engine) is responsible for software development as a senior member of a project team.
- He/she works closely with subject matter experts, business analysts, quality analysts, and others to design, develop, and test software solutions to business problems in Python primarily on Google App engine.
- Develop technical specifications for software from user stories / business requirements.
- Analyze functional requirements, refining and elaborating on them based on experience, and providing feedback on possible implementations.
- Work closely with Manager or Director and other project members as a team where necessary, and also work on own initiative where appropriate.
- Develop code including unit tests, appropriately employing object-oriented design methods and patterns and following industry and Kaplan standards.
- Work with diverse teams including business analysts, database and UI specialists, and offshore developers in order to get work done efficiently.
- Work with appropriate technology teams in analysis, troubleshooting, communication, and prioritization of system-related issues.
- Solve problems of considerable scope and complexity, and assist more junior developers with their work.
- Operate and support the configuration management and development/test environment and tool set as necessary.
- Help to select and incorporate new tools and methods as appropriate.
- Perform normal software development without supervision, and lead other developers on larger and more complex development efforts.
- Review and analyze others work, giving appropriate assistance and criticism.
- Support the delivery of working software through QA and into production environments, including recommending appropriate practices to ensure success in those environments.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. /B.S.) In Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related field.
- Acceptable Experience in Lieu of Education: Two years of experience for every year of formal education required.
- 7-10 years of related experience.
- Extensive Knowledge of systems architecture.
- Strong skills in the use of software tools to develop business programs.
- Considerable experience or aptitude in the creation of business software.
- Ability to work well with people and quickly learn new concepts.
- Able to apply advanced software engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Familiar with a wide variety of software algorithms and terminology.
- Experience with object-oriented design including common patterns, interfaces, and inheritance.
- Ability to stay focused and detail-oriented in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Professional software development for websites using open programming languages such as PHP and Python.
- Experience developing with common frameworks like CodeIgniter or Django.
- Experience with SOAP and REST webservices.
- Experience with both relational databases (e.g. MySQL) and unstructured datastores (NoSQL).
- Experience with hosted application platforms like Google App Engine or Heroku.
- Experience with Moodle or Alfresco is a strong plus.
Kaplan - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...