Location: SW Minnesota (New Prague, Fairmount, Pipestone, Marshall, and Glencoe, in addition to other surrounding communities)
The Assistant Swim Team Coach position is a seasonal commitment, 10 hours per week, during the months of June and July 2013, responsible for leading and supporting girls from their community to be successful swimmers. Responsibilities for this position include holding weekly practices with girls, communicating with girls and parents, and setting up and successfully hosting 1 -2 home swim meets.
Responsibilities for this position include holding weekly practices with girls, communicating with girls and parents, and setting up and successfully hosting 1 -2 home swim meets.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize and coordinate weekly swim team practices and 1-2 home swim meets.
- Organize a girl and parent meeting
- Assistant the Head coach with any tasks as she sees fit
- Communicate with council staff as needed
- Provide information and interpretation of council and GSUSA’s policies and programs to reinforce the role of Girl Scouting.
- Knowledge swim strokes, meet procedure, and pool safety to ensure needs and interests of girls are meet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with adults and girls in a large group environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, takes initiative, self-manager, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license as well as proof of insurance.
- We prefer you have Lifeguard/WSI certification or some other swimming experience working with kids
To apply for this position please click here .
*All employees of Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys, must conduct themselves according to the Inclusion Matters statement as follows:
As a River Valleys member, I do my best to think, speak and act in ways that ensure everyone across the council feels they belong and can meaningfully participate in all aspects of Girl Scouting regardless of ability, age, culture, education, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valley - 20 months ago