This position is responsible for setting-up and operating CNC machining equipment. This includes machining a variety of forged parts to customer specific tolerances. Duties include performing equipments setups, tool changes, quality inspections, SPC, making program offsets, and packaging finished parts.
1. Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules and standards.
2. Obtain job assignments, CNC programs, tapes, blueprints, process sheets and engineering release, if required, from supervisor.
3. Work from detailed instructions, standard coding, and operational data and verifies material(s) to work order details.
4. Operate control console and check work position at specified reference points, interprets part drawings and uses required measuring instruments to inspect work.
5. Adjust machine and fixture stops to maintain tolerance requirements.
6. Recognize and reports machine malfunctions, tooling difficulties, etc.
7. Performs inspection, completes paperwork and prepares parts for transport to next process.
8. Interpret blueprints or sketches, CNC program printouts and process sheets to determine and set-up machining as required.
9. Operate control console to set proper feed rates, speed and depth of cut.
10. Use precision measuring instruments such as electronic gauging equipment (numeriprobes), protractors, squares, verniers, gauge blocks, dial bore gauges, depth gauges, profiloneters and vidi-gauges in setting-up and machining work to required tolerances.
11. Check and record dimensional data against process sheets, blueprints or sketches or with templates, to insure that work is done to required specifications.
12. Operate forklift truck or other material handling equipment to move tooling, forgings, pallets, boxes and other items as required.
13. Edit parameters as authorized to change machining or cutting processes, including tool wear offsets.
14. Do statistical process control (SPC) on machined and cut parts and enter data into SPC computer and/or computer.
15. Properly and safely loads and unloads forgings and tooling in CNC machinery.
16. Ability to setup, operate and troubleshoot CNC machinery without assistance. Must be self sufficient.
17. Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
18. Must be proficient with FANUC controls
19. Understands, interprets and edits FANUC G-code programming
20. Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
21. Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery.
22. Assists in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop work environment.
23. Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within department.
24. Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and demonstrates effective listening skills.
25. Is flexible with time and schedule to assure product availability to customer or company as circumstances warrant.
26. Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Edit parameters as authorized to change machining or cutting processes. Including tool wear offsets. 23. Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the department.
1. Technical training is preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
2. At least two years as a machinist, CNC operator, or a machine operator in heavy manufacturing.
3. Ability to perform shop arithmetic, have strong basic math skills.
4. Strong work ethic.
5. Positive attitude and a team player
6. Willingness to learn & detail-oriented
PCC is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status marital status, sexual orientation, or disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferrin employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.”
Precision Castparts Corp. - 10 months ago