The Guidance Center has been providing mental health to children and their families since 1946. We are a multicultural organization and we value diversity. The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We have an opening at our San Pedro location for a bilingual therapist to provide therapeutic services through assessment, individual, collateral, group, family, and/or other modes of psychotherapy to enable clients to reach and maintain optimal level(s) of functioning. Needs to be able to work effectively with a range of both clients and staff from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and in a multidisciplinary setting.
1. Provide direct clinical, psychosocial, and/or rehabilitative mental health services to Center clients, including but not limited to intake evaluation/assessment, individual, collateral, group, family psychotherapy or counseling, crisis intervention and emergency intakes, in-home, community services and/or services at other location away from the Center. Coordination of services and case management, discharge planning, and case consultation with referral sources, school, allied agencies and others.
2. Provides a specific amount of direct services with regard to prevailing workload standards.
3. Serves as primary therapist/coordinator of mental health services for assigned cases.
4. Maintains and completes all clinical and administrative record keeping associated with the delivery of services.
5. Interacts with the community at large and with specific allied agencies, other programs, and funding sources in a manner that facilitates and enhances the operation of the Center. In doing so, must understand the mission of the program and the Center.
Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work from an approved graduate school or program plus appropriate field placement and eligibility for registration as an MFTI or ASW. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
This position is located at our San Pedro location.
SocialService.com - 15 months ago
The Guidance Center's mission is to enhance the development and well-being of children, adults, and families in need throughout the...