Recruitment will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received and may close at any time.
Under general direction, design, and deliver training programs in information and communications technology.
Examples of Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills .
- Conduct training needs assessment, analyze, results and make recommendations.
- Design and develop training programs appropriate to the skills needed.
- Maintain the training room hardware and software.
- Design course materials, prepare course descriptions, develop training curricula and other documentation needed.
- Able to develop the online training needed for SNHD.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs.
- Maintain current records of learner development.
- Create a mixed environment of classroom, online and one-on-one training.
- Organize and promote the programs.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Adult Learning theory basics.
- Desktop hardware platforms.
- Software programs and platforms.
- Project management methodologies.
- Smart phone operating systems.
- Open source learning management solutions.
- Documentation and user instruction methods and techniques.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals, in person and over the telephone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data gathered from training participants.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot personal computer hardware and software.
- Use and instruct others in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Develop training programs to match the organization’s business needs.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation, user instructions, reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities .
Training and Experience Guidelines
- Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college with major course work in information technology or a closely related field
- Four (4) years of experience in the design, development and training of computer hardware and software systems.
- Ability to obtain Microsoft certifications.
- Ability to obtain CompTIA CTT+ certification.
Southern Nevada Health District - 7 months ago