Job Description & Qualifications
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives
- Support Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) and coach problem resolution to the lowest level
- Communication and Recognition
- Meet FTT, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and tooling expense targets
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents
- Coordination of Safety Operating System activities including overhead safety, lifting and rigging and Energy Control and Lockout procedures
- Lead skilled trades/maintenance personnel to evaluate controls requirements for maintaining and improving production yields, output, and up time
- Supervise preventive maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs to minimize down time
- Coordinate and schedule manpower and materials to meet maintenance requirements to minimize down time
- Responsible for monitoring day-to-day production processes, tooling, and operations related to automation equipment
- Analyze equipment performance and work to improve efficiencies
- Coordinate equipment refurbishment
- Determine and correct root cause of controls related downtime issues
- Optimize floor layouts
- System issue resolution
- Assist and teach maintenance troubleshooting techniques to improve mean time between failure and mean time to repair
- Ensure start-up readiness for production
- Coordination of maintenance activities with other plant operations
- Identify and insure that safety hazards and unsafe practices are corrected and addressed
- Performs other related duties as required
- Fundamental working knowledge of PLC logic and controls.
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety, quality, and throughput.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership in ONE FORD (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years automotive experience.
- Body shop /stamping / subassembly experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles.
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Prior experience managing a unionized work force
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the
. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Ford Motor Company - 20 months ago