Performs field technical work. Responsible for routine maintenance and repair of CATV distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on of new distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk system due to equipment and/or power failure.
- Performs any and all duties of personnel in Installer, Advanced Installer and Service Technician descriptions (with respect to both CATV and HSD services).
- Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk lines and distribution lines.
- Installs electronics and makes power connections.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in system.
- Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly, semi-annual and annual tests.
- Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the coaxial and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for projects, providing bill of materials.
- Assists and effects interface for required revisions to strand and design maps.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including 28 ft ladder); uses bucket truck when required (after receiving certification). Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- On Call duty will be required.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
- 5+ years in a field technical position.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record.
- Knowledge of client/server architectures, bridges, local area networks, wide area networks, and IP networks are highly desired.
- Ability to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
Mediacom Communications Corporation - 10 months ago
Mediacom Communications is the nation’s eighth largest cable television company based on the number of basic video subscribers, and am...