Princess Cruises is one of the world’s premiere cruise lines, with 17 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations. Outstanding customer service is the cornerstone of our success, and this value is shared by our employees at all levels, both shipboard and shoreside.
Princess Cruises is The Consummate Host®. We achieve this high standard by focusing on our service, our people, innovation, integrity, accountability and consistency. Our core values sum up our philosophy: We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right. These beliefs are part of everything we do, and have helped to make us one of the most successful cruise lines in the world.
We are now recruiting a Payroll Specialist to join the Human Resources team at our our corporate offices in Seattle, WA.
- As assigned, oversees various payrolls to process payments to ship-based employees (crewmembers).
- Serves as the main contact for the Seattle team, as well as a backup resource for the entire Fleet Payroll team when the Fleet Payroll Supervisor is unavailable.
- Provides customer service to ship-based employees, researching and responding to various payroll inquiries.
- In general, ensures that appropriate controls are being adhered to for audit, compliance, and accuracy purposes, and that the same policies and procedures are followed in both team locations.
- Participates in projects and possible testing of system enhancements to improve processing efficiencies.
- Exemplifies team work and professional independence, embodies our Core Values and ideals of the CRUISE program to coworkers and customers.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties, as required.
- Completion of some college, Associate's degree, or trade school work or equivalent work experience required.
- Four years of payroll experience required; familiarity with international payroll processing.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications with working knowledge of computerized payroll systems.
- Organizational and analytical skills, ability to handle multi-tasking and work under pressure to meet deadlines are important.
- Experience in working in a team environment with multiple locations/offices is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized payroll system is required.
- 10% travel between Santa Clarita and Seattle office, most of which will be during initial training.
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare and financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://careers.princess.com . Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.
Princess Cruises - 2 years ago
You don't have to be king of the world to travel on these queens of the seas. A venerable name in ocean travel, Cunard Line is the last...