The Employee Relations Specialist plays a key role in building a center of excellence supporting employee relations. This person assists the organizations Human Resources Business Partners by investigating employee issues, providing employee coaching sessions, developing, maintaining and communicating HR policies, and processing employee terminations.
1. Investigates employee issues submitted via the companys employee help line and/or through written correspondence. Conducts specific research to address employees written concern(s), may interview other employees and/or managers either by phone or in person to obtain information needed to resolve the issue.
2. Confers with the Employment Counsel on situations which require legal overview or advice.
3. Creates monthly HR presentations for both the field and corporate Human Resource teams.
4. Advises and participates in terminations and employee coaching sessions.
5. Educates employees and HR Business Partners on company policies. Delivers training or provides instructional materials for others to use.
6. Assists with HR compliance; Develops and maintains company policies and procedures.
7. Monitors employment trends and advises manager and/or team of recommended proactive action to address them.
8. Develops effective relationships throughout the business to promote great employee relations across the organization.
9. Assists with special projects as needed.
- Three to five years experience in human resources, specifically employee relations.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of federal and state employment law and compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment skills.
- Able to analyze data and provide recommendations.
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelors in HR or Business Management, Business Administration
Certificates & Licenses: PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work is subject to tight deadlines and interruptions can be stressful.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include long hours, week-ends and holidays.
The Pantry, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. It is the policy and practice of The Pantry, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria deemed unlawful under any applicable laws and to provide reasonable accommodations as required by law.
How To Apply
To apply to this position, please submit your current resume to Nurys Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails are responded to during typical business hours.
Kangaroo Express - 18 months ago
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...