Reporting to the Integration Engineering Manager, and working closely with Program Management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance and Systems Engineering, the Integration Engineer will help test and deploy new photo Driver License / Identification enrollment, verification, and issuance systems throughout North America. Qualified candidates will play a key role in the emerging technology and large-scale application of secure identification, biometrics, and machine-readable card technologies including Digital Watermarking.
- Integrate and document secure DL/ID systems using existing system components, and qualify technical system solutions to meet customer needs as defined by a System Architecture Document.
- Develop Integration and Acceptance Testing Specification, system-level Bills of Materials, Installation and Configuration Guides, Network maps, and other technical documents that are approved and signed off by both customer and MorphoTrust internal organizations.
- This individual must be able to work multiple technical areas, often self-guided, sometimes under the guidance of a technical lead or Senior Integration Engineer. There will be a strong emphasis on working with internal teams to specify and qualify system components, assessing hardware fitness for the intended task, component inter-operability, robustness, and life cycle planning.
- Must be able to actively participate and perform duties within the scope of the end-to-end system solution. This requires an understanding of all critical aspects of the technical solution being implemented.
- Will work with procurement and deployment planning to move systems from development to field installation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with customers individually and in work groups.
- Must have the ability to define assigned technical project segments at a detailed level, clearly document them, and submit for approval.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, inter-personal) are required.
- Ability and willingness to travel for some assignments is required.
- Extended on site assignments will occur from time to time.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Network Engineering, or proven equivalent experience.
- Some experience in end-to-end system design and execution required.
- Experience with software based systems that include complex user interfaces and advanced peripheral devices in a distributed network environment.
- Experience in technical specification documentation a must.
- Six or more years of Technical Experience with four or more years of multi-disciplined Systems Integration.
- Scripting experience very helpful.
- Windows (XP, Vista, 2003 Server, and 2008 Server) OS installation and cloning; customization, configuration, and troubleshooting; and mass-deployment techniques (Ghost, Sysprep, SMS , etc.).
- Windows workstation security and authentication, including: local security groups, service control management, NTFS ; EFS ; local security policy settings; auditing and monitoring.
- Windows Management Instrumentation ( WMI )
- Windows server and domain security and authentication, including LAN settings, Windows Integrated Authentication, and Kerberos.
- Active Directory principles, including: group policy object creation, management, and troubleshooting; AD OUs and security groups; domain authentication, nesting, and trusts.
- Web Services integration based on the . NET 2.0 framework
- MS Web Services Enhancements ( WSE ) 3.0 configuration and troubleshooting.
- Internet Information Services ( IIS ) installation and configuration skills, including: custom web site installation that enables multi-site hosting on single servers; web site security and authentication, including all flavors of WSE security; certificate installation, configuration, and management; web application configuration ( ASP . NET in particular); logging and troubleshooting.
- SQL Server 2005 installation, management, troubleshooting, SQL /T- SQL , and SQL security experience a plus
- MCSE a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of all above Microsoft skills using GUI and the command line / scripting
General Network Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of ethernet technology, including: twisted pair cabling (e.g., CAT5), hubs, switches, and patch panels.
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP /IP: addressing, routing, troubleshooting IP port availability and connectivity, familiarity with default application IP ports.
- Basic knowledge of gateways, firewalls, and routers, and how to troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Understanding and experience reading and modifying XML
- Advanced knowledge of PC architecture, including: specifying, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing x86-based hardware.
- Server hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills a plus, including RAID configurations, partitioning, and general knowledge of system redundancy and failover architectures that achieve ‘high availability’ status
- Backup and recovery design and management experience
- Virtual server implementation and management experience a plus
- Superior technical writing ability
- Ability to travel and spend extended time in project locations
Must be a US Citizen, without dual citizenship.
MorphoTrust - 10 months ago