In this position, you will be a senior member of a team of highly skilled IT Engineers providing tier 3 support and solutions that enable our Engineering community to quickly adapt to the dynamic business needs of QUALCOMM. You will lead projects and initiatives that will pull in EDA/CAD, Engineering IT, Corporate IT, and other project stakeholders to understand requirements, identify needs, evaluate the environment capabilities against requirements, assess risks, convey architecture recommendations and drive resolution of issues. We are a very customer support focused organization.
- Expert in Linux and Solaris System Administration.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP/PXE, Routing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to articulate complex technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Self-motivated and well-organized problem solver - must approach problems and issues in a logical manner, research issues to the lowest level and resolve them decisively.
- Proficiency understanding and modifying scripts written in perl, python, ksh, csh and tcl, and writing scripts in at least one of these.
- System Performance Tuning and low-level OS and network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and the semiconductor design process.
- Experience working with Platform LSF, Moab, Oracle/Sun Grid Engine, or similar DRMS / batching technologies
- Programming experience with C/C++, Perl, Python
- Proficiency in creating technical documents.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Supporting NAS servers and clients. (NFS, CIFS)
- Virtualization and thin-client technologies.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with key internal customers and stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to other Systems Administrators and Engineers.
- Maintain and improve the functionality and efficiency of the compute cluster and related servers, storage, network, and desktop/thin client systems.
- Establish procedures to meet objectives of projects and organizational strategy.
- Document, and train users and other Systems Administrators in systems, applications and operating system fundamentals.
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Billions, maybe trillions of times a day…
That’s how often people around the world touch something made better by Qualcomm....