Manager I, Proposals manages proposals aimed at acquiring grants and contracts from the US Government and other donors and participates in developing successful proposal strategies and messages. Additionally, works with IRD finance staff on developing proposal budgets and complying with donor solicitation requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
Required Skills & Experience
- Manages proposal development in response to US Government and other international donor solicitations;
- Assists in refining program development processes and procedures;
- Participates in bid/no-bid decisions;
- Tracks proposal deadlines and timelines and ensures the timely completion of proposal processes;
- Participates in proposal budget analysis to determine the overall cost of preparing a proposal;
- Works with the respective technical teams on compiling technical sections of a proposal;
- Works with Technical, Budget, Contracts, Recruitment, and Logistics staff to ensure all technical, cost, contract, and personnel proposal elements are completed;
- Assembles proposal components into a coherent whole and conducts final reviewing and editing to ensure compliance with donor requirements and consistency of usage and appearance;
- Distributes writing assignments, proposal schedules, Certs and Reps, resume formats, and other documents to subcontractors, along with due dates for document submissions;
- Participates in proposal post-mortem meetings to discuss processes and other issues; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies or a related field with 7+ years of work experience.
- 3+ years experience working on proposals responding to USAID, US Department of State, USDA, UN, and other international agencies’ solicitations.
- Detailed knowledge of the proposal budget development process.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent communication, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple work demands on a daily basis and deliver time sensitive projects to deadlines.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Normal Office Conditions.
Masters degree in international development, international relations, political science, political management, or a related field.
Detailed knowledge of and experience with IQC and MOBIS government contracting vehicles.
Experience with conducting in-country proposal development assessments.
Knowledge of a second language (French, Spanish, Arabic, or Russian).
International Relief & Development - 2 years ago
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency seeks to identify and address social injustice and deprivation in developing countries. The agen...