Join Our Team!
Pantry experience a plus!
The Pantry/Pantry Assistant is responsible the preparing various food products; ensuring proper food handling procedures are followed; arranging necessary supplies and equipment between storage and work areas; operating a variety of kitchen utensils and/or equipment for food product cooking, serving and storing; receiving and inventorying food and beverage products; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Cook.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for proper food preparation
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Prepares appropriate equipment for cooking
- Operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Receives and inventories food and beverage product and supplies
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires the ability to lift/push objects weighing over 40 lbs
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
HMSHost - 15 months ago