Linux Systems Administrator – Wallingford, CT
Dell’s Unified Clinical Archive is an End-To-End solution for all of our customers Medical Imaging and Clinical Data storage needs. It provides a consolidated and application neutral storage platform that can be scaled across multiple clinical departments. The solution is flexible and can be uniquely customized as an On-Premise storage platform or fully managed enterprise archive service or any combination of the two. It provides a standards-based solution for sharing and collaboration across your enterprise network.
As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will provide local and remote application support and server administration to Linux Servers (SuSE, Red Hat) and some Microsoft operating system (OS) environments. This includes analyzing and implementing OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates. This individual should be flexible in accommodating customer requirements and possess a drive to provide a high level of customer service, which includes working a flexible schedule that can be dictated by enterprise support issues. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills in enterprise level environments are needed. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be able to logically step through issues and troubleshoot problems by thinking outside of the box and being creative with solutions. The individual will relate technical issues and requirements to business issues and vice versa and should be able to communicate these to non-technical associates and customers. This resource will act as a technical resource / mentor for less experienced team members and be required to participate within an on-call schedule.
NOTE: The work location will be on-site in Wallingford, CT. The hours of work will be 4pm - 12AM, 3 days during Monday-Friday, and 8AM - 4PM on both Saturday and Sunday.
Key Role Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
· Perform installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements.
· Evaluate and integrate new operating system versions, drivers and hardware.
· Provide technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations. .
· Demonstrated proficiency with Linux (SuSE, Red Hat).
· Ability to perform typical advanced server and network administration to include upgrades and maintenance of hardware, operating systems, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, SAN, NAS and storage support functions
· Must possess experience and be familiar with server hardware, firmware, BIOS, RAID, server backups, and server security.
· Must have an understanding of networking technology and expertise in DNS, IPTABLES LDAP and MySQL.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Technical documentation skills
· Ability to operate independently in the absence of strict guidance to correct issues and improve the environment.
· Must work well within a team and possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work on-call and over-time shifts on weekdays/weekends.
- Scripting (Pearl, Born, etc.)
- Service Desk / Help Desk
- Networking (TCP/IP, SNMP, IPTABLES, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience and skills supporting any of the following: Linux HA, Blade Servers, VMware
- Knowledge of DICOM, HL7 a plus
- Experience and skills supporting Windows (2003, 2008) Server, Microsoft IIS a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...