The financial leader of large global business segment. Serves as business partner to the General Manager driving proactive financial, analytical and decision support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Drive business results for a new technology recently acquired by Zimmer. Serve as right hand advisor to the businesses CFO
Provides financial and analytical support to assigned functional business units at Zimmer.
* Analyze, report, project budgets and variances, product costing for strategic business units.
* Participate on special projects or productivity initiatives for strategic business units.
* Participate in the development of annual budgets for capital spending.
* Ensure information is available to subordinates and internal customers at appropriate times so that sound decisions about efficiencies and prioritization are made.
* Build and maintain a formal and informal network of key individuals to obtain the critical impact of financial decisions on the business unit.
Expected Areas of Competence
* Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with a clear and concise manner. Excel at making business presentations.
* Strong analytical skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lead a team, to influence others, and through strong organizational skills, handle increasing levels of responsibility.
* Demonstrates characteristics of high potential for future development opportunities.
* Able to manage a P&L and balance sheet.
* Mastery of accounting principles, internal controls, and financial analysis.
* Understanding of Zimmer products and strategic business units along with industry trends and competitive strategy outlook in order to identify opportunities.
* B.A. /B.S. degree in accounting/finance.
* M.B.A. is preferred.
* 7+ years of increasingly more challenging financial responsibility, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in a broad-based financial management role and experience in a non-financial operational assignment.
* C.P.A. preferred
* ERP preferred
* Pharma/Biotechnology preferred
Up to 10%
Zimmer can put the spring back in your step or the zing back in your swing. The company designs and markets orthopedic products, including...