Senior Database Administrator, TS4
eGate Solutions, a gategroup company, is a globally recognized provider of software and services for in-flight service management. Our suite of business applications helps airline customers take their onboard service to a new level – by decreasing costs, reducing process complexity, improving efficiency, and minimizing waste. eGate Solutions contracts its services to more than 20 leading airline customers, including Delta, Qantas, Northwest, Aeromexico, LAN, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, and British Airways.
We are currently looking for a Senior Database Administrator, TS4 to join our IT team based in Chicago, IL. Reporting to the Manager, IT Product Development, the Senior Database Administrator, TS4 will be responsible for the day to day operation of fielded databases. Performs system check, backup, recovery, and load analysis. Must be able to build or rebuild replication scheme. Troubleshoots systems with other operations functions and application developers when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Managing and maintaining all aspects of the prospecting Database which includes but not limited to installation, deployment, backup, restoration, setup mirroring or replication etc.
- Manage administration and database tuning by tuning file structures, rebuilding indexes etc.
- Safeguarding data integrity in all existing databases through process, training, and quality control.
- Well-versed with writing simple to complex SQL queries, troubleshooting queries and tuning queries for best performance.
- Designing and implementing processes to automate transactional information functions in search of maximum operational efficiency throughout the organization
- Developing the logical and physical models.
- Leveraging existing investment in information systems by leading training and report-writing initiatives, including management reporting and cross-department reporting
- Maintain maximum data hygiene through constant vigilance against duplicate and garbage data
- Accessing, developing, and implementing data enrichment strategies
- Managing database vendors to ensure optimal service delivery
- Support both development and production activities
Work Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
Job Skills :
- 7+ years experience in developing projects
- 5+ years of SQL server database administration experience
- 2+ years of Oracle administration a plus
- Any additional knowledge of other databases especially Oracle is a huge plus.
Communication Skills :
- In depth SQL Server/Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Expert knowledge of Web software development practices and technologies
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience of Transactional SQL, PL/SQL and DTS stored procedures.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL/Oracle database security
- Good knowledge of SQL Server Analytical Services and Integration Services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and present solutions
- Have experience with some modeling tool like Embarcadero or the likes.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral
- MCDBA certification preferred
- Oracle DBA certification preferred
Environmental Requirements :
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Normal office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
eGate Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...