Support location efforts of existing underground cable for the construction department and field operations as a whole.
• Support efforts to identify and clearly mark existing underground cable as directed.
• Possess knowledge of procedures and equipment required to locate existing underground cable (“locates”).
• Identify and mark locations of new cable to be dropped and buried underground (“bury drops”).
• Possess proficiency in the operation of locate and bury drop equipment as required within areas of responsibility.
• Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
• Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
• Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
• Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation as necessary.
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility..
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• All employees are required to actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
• Previous locate or bury drop experience preferred.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Midcontinent Communications - 15 months ago
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...