Award Winning Care
At OhioHealth, we achieve a rare balance between exceptional healthcare and integrity. As we push the limits of science, we never lose sight of our heartfelt mission and sense of community.
We’re a tight-knit group that discovers and succeeds together. As a part of our team, you’ll sharpen the skills and expand the knowledge you need to be at the top of your profession.
And because our achievements never outshine our values, we have been consistently ranked a top employer by Fortune Magazine.
The Medical Records Assoc (Health Information Tech) is responsible for processing, completing, storing, retrieving and protecting all forms of patient information in both electronic and physical form. They provide customer service to internal and external customers, maintain the master patient index, and ensure fulfillment of documentation required for reimbursement and accreditation. The Health Information Tech is trained on confidentiality issues and HIPAA requirements.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Work requires the analytical skills to read and understand instructions, and relatively straightforward decision making skills.
3. Work requires the ability to perform both alphabetical and numerical filing and ability to recognize color for use of color-coded filing system.
4. Work requires good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
5. Work requires the ability to communicate (verbal/written. telephone) with others in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
6. Work requires basic computer/typing skills.
7. Work requires the ability to follow the work of other staff members.
8. Work requires understanding of basic office machines (photocopies, fax, phone)
Additional Job Information
Scheduled Hours Per Week
Equal Employment Opportunity
OhioHealth is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains
compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. OhioHealth does not discriminate
against associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other
characteristics protected by law. Equal employment opportunity is extended to all persons in all
aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any
other term or condition of employment.
Ohio Health - 18 months ago