College of Medicine
Posted Rate of Pay
$12.15 Per Hour
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Classified: Extended Temporary (6 months to 2 years position)
Departmental Contact Phone
Departmental Contact Email
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Review begins on (Continues until position filled)
Full Time/Part Time
Days and Schedule to be Worked
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Limited to current UA employees only
Documents required to be attached electronically with this application
Letter of Interest Resume
Documents that may be attached electronically or mailed directly to department per instructions below
Additional application instructions (include instructions for submission)
The Accounting Specialist will assist the Department of Pathology Business Office by performing a variety of accounting and administrative duties.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position. For further details on this type of position at the University of Arizona, please click here .
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Performs a variety of specialized or technical clerical accounting and bookkeeping functions. Responsible for a complete, systematic set of transactions in a specialized accounting or bookkeeping function.
- Prepares or verifies and encodes requisitions, invoices, complex journal entries or other transaction documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with pertinent university or sponsor regulations; approves transaction documents within designated limits.
- Determines if funds are available for expenditures or requisitions and posts to proper account; monitors fund/account balances and notifies appropriate personnel when limits are reached.
- Maintains special logs or records and balances and reconciles internal accounts or records with university system; verifies accuracy and completeness and makes necessary adjustments.
- Reviews computer reports to identify and trace sources of error; makes necessary corrections.
- Prepares a variety of straightforward special and recurring accounting related reports, summaries, financial statements, statistical reports and reconciliations.
- Performs or reviews specialized calculations related to posting and accounting functions.
- Solves problems and recommends changes in procedure in accordance with previous training or experience.
- Ensures requirements and specifications of university or outside agencies are met by monitoring and complying with reporting requirements and opening or closing accounts as specified/required.
- Contacts department personnel, account representatives or other appropriate personnel regularly to resolve problems, keep all parties informed and to serve as a reference source; composes correspondence of technical nature pertaining to assignments.
- Performs clerical duties such as sorting mail, filing and typing, operates a variety of general office equipment.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Three years of related accounting experience; OR, an Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND one year of related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices and principles.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Skill in maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Experience reconciling a variety of accounts including grants and contracts and preparing financial reports in the College of Medicine.
- Experience utilizing MS Office Excel and Access, UAccess Financials and UAccess Analytics in the preparation of financial reports, GECs, SETs, Purchase Requisitions, Travel, check deposits, PCard transactions, and key requests.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Clerical and Office
Departmental Home Page
University of Arizona - 11 months ago
We are unique because our teaching efforts are made possible by a cooperative effort between the Federal Government, the University of Arizo...