Enhance safety and preserve the highway infrastructure. Provide a variety of services essential to commercial vehicle operation into, within and throughout the states of WY.
- Work the counter at Ports of Entry and inspect the paperwork of commercial carrier drivers
- Weigh and measure trucks to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and statute
- Verify and issue permits to commercial carriers
- Collect fees and maintain and reconcile a cash drawer daily.
- These officers spend considerable time in a training setting learning the requisite policies and procedures of the WY Port of Entry system.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of use of computers, typing and ten key, applying knowledge in evaluating and decision making.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Duties may be performed at the location and at road side with the mobile education and enforcement team.
- This job entails rotating days off and shift work.
Preference will be given to those with 1 year of progressive work experience in office communications.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code PSPE04) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
THIS POSITION ENTAILS SHIFT WORK THAT MAY BE SPECIFIC TO A PARTICULAR LOCATION.
WYDOT offers a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, paid vacations and sick leave, paid holidays, Tuition Refund Program, State Retirement and Deferred Compensation Program, Longevity pay and opportunities for advancement.
State of Wyoming - 17 months ago