Become a part of an Agency that touches the lives of every American! We are the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and for over 50 years, we have successfully served the Nation's small business owners. Consider a career with SBA to assist in managing the range of programs and products sustaining America's small business during this new era of economic responsibility. We recognize that small business is critical to our economic recovery and strength, to building America's future, and to helping the United States compete in today's global marketplace. We represent a highly skilled and motivated workforce and welcome those interested in furthering our mission.
This position is located within the Small Business Administration's, South Carolina District Office, located in Charleston, SC. This announcement serves as a Merit Promotion and All Sources announcement. You will be asked to determine your eligibility for each during the questionnaire process when you apply online.
- All SBA employees are subject to a credit check.
- You must successfully complete a background investigation.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position.
As Senior Area Manager, you will analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of program operations and resource partner activity in meeting the goals and objectives of the assigned office. You will develop strategies to encourage financial institutions to participate in SBA financial programs and events that promote the availability of small business loans. This position will also require you to perform field visits and public speaking engagements to trade, economic development, and business development organizations to promote SBA programs and services; meet with prospective loan applicants; and encourage participation in SBA guaranteed lending. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with key contacts of other Federal, State, and municipal organizations, to collaboratively provide the needed programs and services to small businesses in the area.
The work will also involve the research and analysis of various economic, demographic, and business factors within the local community. With this knowledge, the Senior Area Manager develops and implements various action plans in order to better respond and serve the needs of small businesses in the local service area. Most important, the Senior Area Manager independently develops the annual work plan, which establishes goals and sets standards for program delivery, that will support district and agency goals.
GS-13: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the federal service such as planning, organizing and reviewing work; experience independently researching, planning and coordinating marketing programs to small businesses and future small business owners; researching and analyzing local and regional demographics and statistical data; developing and using various communication techniques, publications multi-media, and special events to promote organizational products and/or services; meets with representatives of news groups, community organizations, associations, and other media sources to identify specific or unique needs of its members and coordinates presentations to their memberships to advertise and utilize organizational products and/or services.
Education is not qualifying for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will recieve a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions ). If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-Competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Supplemental Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link View Occupational Questionnaire . You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire.
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions . You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required to do the work of this position;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to implement marketing, media and outreach techniques with private/public sector resources for all small businesses.
2. Knowledge of small business/economic development principles; identifying problems/opportunities, making appropriate recommendations and implementing solutions.
3. Skill in the application of interpersonal business relations, especially liaison and advocacy relations with external organizations.
4. Ability to independently manage and track activities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions will affect your rating. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your rating can and may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Working for SBA offers a number of really exciting flexibilities. The Federal government offers a number of other exceptional benefits to its employees. The following web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. To find out more click here: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
3. You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact, Jessica D. Jones at (303)844-2542. If you have a hearing impairment, you may call the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for assistance in contacting the person named above.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) has the little guy's back. As an independent agency of the federal government, it provides...