Quality Control Superintendent
International Forest Products Limited (Interfor) is one of the Pacific Northwest’s largest producers of quality wood products. The Company has operations in British Columbia, including two sawmills in the Coastal region, one in the southern Interior, and two sawmills in the southeastern Interior. In addition, Interfor operates two sawmills in Washington; two sawmills in Oregon and value-added remanufacturing and specialty products facilities in BC and Washington. For more information about Interfor, visit our website at www.interfor.com .
Interfor is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Superintendent at our Gilchrist location. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of continuous improvement, oversight and development of the operation’s quality control program.
We are looking for someone to join our team who has a proven track record in key areas of this position which include the following:
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Strong organizational and leadership kills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive / energetic team environment
- Detail and results oriented
Major Responsibilities :
- Manages all aspects of site quality control programs
- Maintain and utilize all production optimization system to maximize margins
- Define and establish overall quality strategy to determine, investigate, and resolve quality issues
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve quality management.
- Direct and develop quality control staff
The ideal candidate will possess the following preferred qualifications:
- Grade 12, post-secondary education preferred
- Experience in sawmill optimization technology
- Minimum of 5 years sawmill, planer, and QC experience
- Experience in pine speciality products including appearance grade, grading certification preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word proficient
- Understand and use statistical analysis process
- Lean manufacturing or six sigma a plus
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply on line at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check and drug test. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
International Forest Products Limited - 13 months ago