For you, the passion and dedication with which you serve defines who you are, not just what you do. It is the force that drives you to provide care, and the same passion with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
As a member of Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll be entrusted with ensuring the health and vitality of a culture whose history is as rich and storied as the land they inhabit. Your clinical skills will be challenged to grow as you service the medical needs of over 50 rural communities. Your spirit will be rewarded with the generous compassion that they will share with you in return. Come and experience our culture of care.
Constructs, repairs, and maintains all types of structures such as furniture, equipment, partitions, HVAC building software, and fire alarm wet/dry systems, elevators and other parts of building using hand and power tools as assigned. Assists with general maintenance activities as directed by job duties as a maintenance tech senior. Position Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required as a maintenance tech senior for building maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Five (5) years minimum experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical related work.
- Must be able to travel to village work sites occasionally.
- Valid State of Alaska Driver’s License.
- Boiler License Four.
- Hazwoper. Hazmat.
- Siemens HVAC building controls system.
- Various operating tools and equipment related to building maintenance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations as a maintenance tech senior.
YKHC exercises Federal Law (PL 93-638), which allows American Indian/Alaska Native preference in hiring for all positions.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
907-543-6060 or 1-800-478-3321 ext 6060
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - 17 months ago