Job Title: Physician Assistant - Urogynecology
Location: Newark, DE
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation’s largest (
;1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
To function as a Physician Assistant within the Urogynecology Division, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and provide care to women seeking Urogynecologic services. Facilitates communication among the interdisciplinary team and manages the patients’ plan of care to assure achievement of desired patient outcomes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as a mid-level practitioner. This includes direct medical management of Urogynecologic patient which includes pelvic floor evaluation; management of incontinence/prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders; and diagnostic testing such as urodynamics, cystoscopy, anal manometry, stimulator programming, and ultrasound.
- Assists Urogynecologic surgeons in surgical procedures in a first or second assist role.
- Provides inpatient and outpatient care and management under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Perform history and physical examinations.
- Record pertinent data, such as operative notes, progress notes, narrative summaries, etc.
- Assist with preoperative and postoperative management of patients.
- Transcribe orders to be co-signed by supervising physicians.
- Coordinates select projects/programs as assigned by the Director, Urogynecology.
- Designs individualized management plans in collaboration with physicians, fellows and other health care professionals.
- Participates in collection of patient care statistics.
- Provides education to patients and their families.
- Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and conferences for the development and planning of patient care.
- Participates in continuing education programs.
- Assists with the education of students, residents, medical students, fellows, and graduate students.
- Maintains membership in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology as a non-voting member.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an ARC-PA approved physician assistant program
- At least two years Women’s Health experience required
- Surgical experience preferred
- Basic Life Support Certification
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or genetic information.
Job Classification: Professional
Job Requisition #: 31118BR
Christiana Care Health Systems
- 2 years ago - save job
Christiana Care Health System in Delaware is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital...