$13.17 - $17.17
# of openings:
POSITION: HOST CASHIER
DEPARTMENT: 24/7 CAFE
Job Summary : Responsibility of Host is to accurately handle cash register transactions and ensure guests are greed cheerfully and seated in a timely manner. They also serve as the restaurants first and last impression and must make sure guests thoroughly enjoy their dining experience. Responsible for the overall activities of front of the house restaurant operations particularly the greeting and seating of restaurant guests, and settling guest checks.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- 1 year experience in a fine dining restaurant preferred.
- Exhibit phone etiquette including reservations system.
- Able to operate a computer and/or cash register
- Six months previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to multi-task, and diffuse situations with demanding and/or unsatisfied guests.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English
- Must be available to work any day/ shift, including weekends and holidays
- Must possess valid TAM and Health Card
Essential Job Functions :
- Assist guests with reservations via phone and in person.
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner and thank them upon departure.
- Seat guests as quickly as possible. If there is a waiting period, ensure guest has maximum comfort at all times.
- Properly rotate server stations when seating guests (requires knowledge of server abilities).
- Assist service staff in making certain tables are cleared and cleaned after each use and are set properly.
- Fill condiments as needed.
- Ensures consistent, high-quality service standards are maintained.
- Maintains service guidelines set for the operation.
- Attentively greets and seats guests making them feel welcome.
- Maintains knowledge about the menu and answers guest inquiries.
- Handles guest concerns and complaints, involving management as needed.
- Responds to guest inquiries about other casino events, shows etc.
- Maintains an accurate seating chart, while efficiently rotating guest seating.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment at all times, following all Health Department guidelines
- Accurately settles guest restaurant checks.
- Perform/ assist with other job-related duties as assigned
Work Environment and ADA Requirements
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, kneel, twist and grip items
- Maneuver up and down stairs
- Respond to visual and oral clues
- Must be able to work in an environment with high noise level
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke
Palms Casino Resort - 2 years ago