Provide tactical direction and leadership to staff to ensure customer requirements are met while meeting our Penske goals and objectives. Maintain a professional approach while supporting the solution enabling achievement of all contractual obligations.Create and foster a relationship with the customer’s logistics TEAM and Penske Logistics to facilitate operational stability.
- Ensure that all supervisors understand how their work relates to the customers’ business objectives, Interview and hire all associates up to supervisor level.
- Conduct exit interviews as needed,
- Build engagement by expressing pride in the group where the goals are met and recognize and reward associates for their achievements.
- Interact daily with our local customer and regional locationsto ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs and abiding by current customer contract.
- Utilize team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, trailer loading, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan.
- Manage the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets.
- Identifies issues with the operating metrics and Profit & Loss Statements and responds accordingly.
- Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately every week.
- The payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the Profit & Loss Statements.
- Collaborate with financial analysts.
- Create forecasting and budgeting reports while coordinating with accounts payables and receivables.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Monitor and improve accident frequency.
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place.
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and improve safety goals/requirements.
- Collaborator with area health and safety manager.
- Maintain DOT regulations laws and practices.
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer, Identify and seize profitable business opportunities.
- Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by Senior Ops manager or General Manager
- Monitor and improve fleet/equipment utilization and fuel efficiency.
- Contribute to equipment specification at time of start-up and renewal.
- Build a strong working relationship with local PTL district and other equipment vendors.
- 4 to 6 years related functional experience, including supervising DOT regulated positions required.
- At least 3 years managerial or supervisory experience required.
- Experience in multi Temperature and multi stop food logistics required.
- Warehouse/ Distribution management experience required.
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary (multiple times a year).
- Work the required schedule. This position is an On-Call position at a 24 hour7 days a week operation.
- Work at the specific location required.
- Complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit
to learn more about the company and its products and services.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
300 Best Friend Court
300 Best Friend Court
Penske (Oracle) Job Name
PL.Operations Manager 1
Penske - 19 months ago
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading...