As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers' compensation insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented individual willing to put their ideas to work!
We offer a positive, challenging work environment, combined with an opportunity to build your career as you help us grow our business, in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS®!
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our employees across the United States. EMPLOYERS is known for the quality service and expertise we provide to our clients, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees.
We live and breathe our core values: Integrity, Customer Focus, Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability, Innovation, and Personal Fulfillment. These are the pillars that support how we do business with our clients as well as how we treat each other!
At EMPLOYERS, you’ll discover an energetic environment that inspires top achievement. As “America’s small business insurance specialist”, we have the resources, a solid reputation and an expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and enhance your career.
The Call Center Supervisor will provide oversight, direction and support to Call Center staff to facilitate the highest level of customer service to injured workers, their representatives, agents, policyholders, healthcare providers and employees. Develop Call Center policies, systems and procedures to support the corporation while overseeing daily functions to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
1. Supervise staff to ensure that they are focused and deployed effectively to serve internal and external customer.
2. Ensure proficiency in interpreting, understanding, and applying statutes, regulations, company policies and procedures effectively.
3. Analyzes the customers’ needs, and utilizes problem-solving skills to address inquiries, resolve issues timely and effectively; handle escalated concerns as needed.
4. Demonstrates mastery in effectively managing difficult customers
5. Demonstrates leadership by creating an environment that fosters teamwork, values diversity, and which supports and respects all team and company staff-members, internal and external customers, and vendors. Is responsible for selecting, managing, developing, coaching, and motivating the staff members.
6. Prepare performance appraisals, address performance problems and make salary recommendations in accordance with company policy.
7. Interview candidates and make hiring recommendations for department.
8. Develop and implement training materials and conduct training as needed.
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
10. Communicates information accurately, clearly, and completely.
11. Responsible for quality assurance through phone monitoring, quality control of First Reports and mentoring programs for new employees.
12. Contribute to the corporate strategic growth plan via the balanced scorecard metrics, ensuring that department goals and individual goals and standards are consistently met.
13. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
14. Participate in establishing team goals and objectives; participate in strategic and budgetary planning.
15. Promote and ensure compliance with best practices.
16. Compile report statistics as required.
17. Monitor Call volume/trends and make adjustments as necessary i.e. schedule, Call Management system and alert management.
18. Exhibit problem solving skills by resolving and/or making recommendations as appropriate.
19. Ensure Call Center goals and standards are met through schedule planning, schedule adherence, acceptable occupancy and sufficient phone coverage; effectively managing the Call Management System.
20. Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
• Working conditions are typical of a fast paced, sometimes stressful, office environment that experiences heavy telephone traffic. Noise level is moderate.
• Employees will be exposed to difficult customers.
• Position entails prolonged sitting, data entry, and extensive use of keyboards and telecommunications equipment.
• Three years high-volume inbound call center experience with two years providing supervision in a customer service support environment.
• Maintain composure and a professional demeanor when interacting at all levels.
• Excellent computer keyboarding and telephone skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and ensure the adherence to statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures; coordinate many different tasks; assist the staff with meeting the production standards for the department; and work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft products such as Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
• Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
• Proven exemplary supervisory/management experience in a heavy call volume work environment.
• Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills are a plus.
• Associates Degree.
Workers’ compensation insurance for America’s small businesses.
For nearly a century, we’ve been providing...