Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Enabling Functions
State/Province: Iowa [IA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Research Associate - Field Service Technician
Job ID: 3436
- This position, working out of the Syngenta Fabrication Shop, supports the development, installation, and maintenance of equipment used in the research and development of field crops and lab activities. Responsibilities cover mechanical and electronical equipment, with heavier emphasis on electroncal equipment.
- Install, train, and support GPS navigation systems in tractors
- Install and support harvest data collection systems in research plot harvest machines
- Install, train, and support electronic systems on seeding/sowing related plot research equipment
- Develop electronic and control systems on R&D related equipment as needed
- Work as a member of the Fabrication Shop team to meet stakeholder needs
- Perform other duties as needed
- Install, upgrade, and maintain electronics systems on field and laboratory equipment
- Monitor hardware and software needs of Syngenta PD
- Recommend and perform upgrades to research equipment as needed.
- Provide secondary support to research field and lab electric systems and machines
- Provide training for end users of data collection systems.
- Support mechanical and fabrication expertise to research shop activities
- Be available to support stakeholders and assist in troubleshooting and problem solving of electronic systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- Successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidate must be able to set priorities, estimate input and timeline requirements, and organize personal work schedules to meet project deadlines.
- Team-Oriented: Works well across all Business Units and functions; values input from others
- Innovative: Continually seeks new and unique opportunities to improve product quality and cost and stakeholder satisfaction
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/situational needs
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
Critical knowledge: :
- Position requires at least a two year degree in electronics, mechanics, or related field, or equivalent demonstrable knowledge and experience in electronics and mechanics
- Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural or electronic systems field is desirable
- Successful candidate must have “hands on” experience with electronic systems.
- An agricultural background is desirable
- Experience and understanding of agricultural research is desirable
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- A working knowledge of Ag electronics including GPS, precision farming, and other electronic control systems; or willingness to quickly learn
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills to a creative, agricultural research oriented environment
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Focuses on customers: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Collaborates across boundaries: Collaborates effectively across organizational and functional boundaries, and leverages diversity
- Builds a culture of innovation: Creates an environment that supports creativity, and coaches people to spark innovation
- Communicates with impact: Gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Provide wholistic support of shop mechanical, fabrication, and electrical activates supporting Syngenta Biological Assessment
- Meet HSE targets and support HSE culture development to ensure integration into all activities
- Travel Requirement~10%
- Successful candidate must be able to travel periodically to locations within the US and internationally
- Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participate in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends
- Candidate must be able to lift 65 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time
- Ensure in its respective area of responsibility and in close cooperation and alignment with Legal and Taxes and other expert functions, Syngenta's full compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory framework as well as Syngenta's own legal and ethical, HSE, Corporate Security, Risk Management and Corporate Governance standards.
- Must be able to obtain a US passport.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...