BASIC PURPOSE :
This position is responsible for proactively developing and implementing Company policies and procedures directly or indirectly related to human resources in the field operations.
- Manage unemployment process for assigned Districts/Divisions; assist third party vendor as necessary in order to meet state required deadlines. Responsible for gathering information and documentation for field unemployment claims, which includes determining the appropriate action for each claim.
- Develops and interprets progressive disciplinary policies and procedures; which may require assisting management in implementing corrective action plans for current policy.
- Interpret personnel policies consistent with the direction provided by assigned director or manager. Ensures that the employee handbook reflects current policies and procedures. Consult with Supervisor when changes are needed.
- Responsible for accurate preparation of documentation regarding employee complaints/grievances, provide HR guidance to field management for determining appropriate resolutions and ensuring that follow-up is made.
- Conducts field management exit interviews via telephone and provides feedback to assigned Directors/Divisional Managers. Identify trends in turnover and provides feedback.
- Coordinate with company Field Recruiters on new hire orientation for field management; which includes, but is not limited to auditing training records and processes through Learning Management System (LMS), communicate feedback to District/Divisional Managers and troubleshoot technical errors from within the LMS.
- Gather and analyze data for field turnover investigations; which may include coordination for company recruiters, provide feedback and recommendations as directed by assigned Director/Manager, Risk Management, and Loss Prevention in a timely manner.
- Develop and present training sessions for field employees; which include subject matter relevant to Employee Relation topics and current issues.
- Maintain terminated employee personnel records; including providing assistance to the legal department upon request regarding these records.
- Additional administrative tasks and all other duties as assigned by Director/Manager. The above duties do not exclude any other administrative duties assigned by Departmental Directors/Managers.
- Provide receptionist duties as needed or assigned.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- HR Degree or similar preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules/regulations, procedures and administration is required
- Hard skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Soft Skills: Excellent customer service skills; proper phone and email etiquette; ability to multi-task; detail oriented; strong sense of urgency; good time management skills; ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action; exceptional follow up skills; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse field employee related issues, concerns, etc.
****COME GROW WITH LOVE’S****
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Love's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores - 22 months ago
At Love's, our people have been the key to our success since our founding more than 45 years ago. During that time, we have grown from a...