The Shipping Lead - Day Shift is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of the Shipping Department when the supervisor is absent.
Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads when supervisor is absent.
Help manage picking and shipping activity for all outbound supply orders and modes (local supply, UPS, LTL, will call, etc.)
Creating the routs for local Cleveland supply drivers and adding routes to the daily manifest
Manage returns and call tag issuance when supervisor is absent.
Help sort all unpicked orders and examine for correctness. Contact order originator when order is ambiguous regarding mode, ship date, etc.
Work closely with Customer Service to insure timely and accurate order fills
Work with job warehouse to transfer product stored there to distribution warehouse
Expedite emergency orders
Respect order cutoff times
Research all pick/ship errors to root cause and address with employee responsible
Collaborate with Shipping employees and other warehouse workers and managers to solve work-related problems
Prepare and maintain pick and shipping documents according to procedure
Conduct routine safety talks with Shipping team members to improve and reinforce the safety aspect of warehouse operations to minimize accidents and lost work time
Foster positive relations and communications, and conduct oneself in a professional manner with freight carriers, vendors, co-workers, other departmental staff in Warehouse, Sales, and Purchasing and Management.
Taking proper care of all company issued tools and equipment
Attend required safety and product training
Adhere to all company safety standards and protocols.
Committed to growth in understanding of foodservice industry
Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds on a regular and frequent basis
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Windows applications
- Advanced working knowledge of WMS applications (ie EDGE) and/or ERP application (CB software).
- Advanced working knowledge of UPS and Fedex programs & third party freight providers
- Capable of using a lift truck to load and unload large pieces of equipment
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated to complete daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Supervisory skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable regarding OSHA regulations
- Above average math skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment where fluctuating temperatures may exist between hot and cold
- Forklift certification
- Associate's Degree or Some college
CareerBoard - 9 months ago