Under the direction of the District Sales Supervisor, the District Sales Representative’s responsibilities include:
Applicants applying for this position should:
- Act as a liaison in field contacts between the Lottery and their assigned retail accounts
- Make professional sales calls on a predetermined weekly or biweekly schedule and provide service to the retailer network by distributing Point-of-Sale (POS) materials
- Provide merchandising expertise
- Develop new accounts and recruit new retailers
- Gather information about suspected violations of state laws or Lottery policies and recommend corrective action on simple violations; refer violations to the Lottery’s Security/Law Enforcement Division for further investigation
- Maintain accurate records of retailer contact/schedule visits, vehicle maintenance and mileage, and perform other job-related duties as required.
Who Should Apply:
- Possess a valid drivers’ license of the appropriate class (Class C) issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles prior to appointment
- Have knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of product marketing and merchandising using POS materials and display techniques
- Be willing to travel and perform work requiring irregular hours
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop sales quotas and marketing plans for retailers
- Be able to use good judgment in dealing with people and have the ability to communicate effectively.
Applicants must be state employees who are currently in the District Sales Representative classification, or have current list or transfer eligibility for appointment to this class. Applications will be screened for eligibility and only those that best meet the requirements of the job will be considered. Appointment is subject to SROA/Surplus provisions.
California State Personnel Board - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard