Sedro Woolley, WA
Job Summary :
It is the responsibility of the Quality Engineer III to develop, apply, maintain, monitor and control quality requirements and standards for the manufacturing of products to ensure the product and captured data meets internal and external compliance requirements. The Quality Engineer III will play a key role in developing and implementing quality policies and procedures, and responsible for product quality from inception to end of life. This position will interact with various functional groups including: Sales, Contracts, Design, Engineering, Product Management, Customers and Suppliers. This position will coordinate daily activities, work flow, oversight and training for level I and II Quality Engineers and inspectors.
Essential Functions :
- Coordinates day to day activities of Quality Engineering staff in support of Production and Project Management with guidance from the Quality Manager
- Develops, applies, and maintains quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer
- Designs and implements methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection including but not limited to Design and Process FMEA
- Develops, promotes, and executes quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports
- Reviews customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensures that the necessary criteria and provisions are met
- Conducts contract and Requirements and Deliverable reviews resulting in records of approval
- Completes Inspection Plans in conjunction with Project Planning and in coordination with Project Management
- Verifies compliance to codes, standards and customer contracts
- Performs in process and final inspections on customer ordered projects as necessary
- Completes and compiles product deliverables including Certificates of Conformance, Tool Inspection Reports, AS9102 First Article and Delta Inspection Reports
- Develops, executes and analyzes quality-reporting measures
- Initiates, organizes, and monitors Corrective Actions, assists to evaluate and determine Root Cause and Corrective Action Plans
- Reports to management and customers on quality issues, trends and losses, utilizing SPC, Pareto charts, etc
- Reviews suppliers’ purchase orders, statements of work and establish supplier quality requirements
- Maintains an understanding of applicable ISO, AS, SAE, ASTM and similar quality and process standards; explains same to an audience of varying degrees of exposure to these standards
- Participates in internal and external quality audits
- Initiates Non-Conformance Reports while ensuring accuracy of data and the process, including closure
- Serves as the Quality Assurance representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB)
- Compiles, writes, and delivers training material on quality standards and activities as needed
- Mentors level I and II Quality Engineers and Inspectors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Behavior: The incumbent must work well under pressure, meeting and completing multiple deadlines. The incumbent shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Education / Experience :
- U.S. PERSON STATUS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
Material a nd Equipment Used :
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent (or Associate’s degree in these fields plus minimum 7 years industrial experience).
- Must have a minimum 5-10 years of manufacturing experience with practical application of Quality Assurance.
- Experience with AS9100 quality requirements is required.
- Must have broad knowledge and extensive application of theory and principles of statistics an d statistical process control, of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Must have proven positive leadership, mentoring and trainer experience.
- Must have strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Lean Manufacturing experience, including six sigma, 5S and Kaizen experience highly desired.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language
Working Conditions :
- Computer, Office Machines (fax, copier, scanner, etc.), and Inspection Tools
Benefits and Compensation:
- Work usually performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odors and fumes
Please click on “Apply Now” to send your resume
- Employer Benefits
- Medical / Vision
- S hort- term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Wage DOE.
Or visit our website at: www.janicki.com/careers