The Senior Financial Analyst must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college. The Senior Financial Analyst should have three to five years of finance or accounting experience and an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
The Senior Financial Analyst must be well organized with excellent written, oral, financial and interpersonal communication skills. The Senior Financial Analyst must possess strong time management skills, with attention to detail, following through on multiple projects and handling multiple tasks, in a fast paced environment.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
Financial Management & Planning
- Processing of inter-departmental fee allocations
- Review of monthly expense details – pull backup and ensure proper coding of expenses
- Calculate and project monthly revenues based on active contracts and client billings
- Support the department by maintaining files, contracts and other relevant documentation
- Process purchase orders upon request
- Assist with development of internal budgets, forecasts and projections
- Develop understanding of firm policies and financial systems
- Reconcile fees on a monthly basis
- Ad hoc requests
Manage Client Finances
Project and Resource Management
- Assist Finance and Management team with monthly invoice process
- Review of billing worksheets for accuracy and identification of fee and expense write-offs to management
- Review outstanding receivables and work with staff to secure payment
- Provide backup of out-of-pocket expenses upon request for staff billing worksheet review
- Assist staff with project budget tracking
- Create and maintain project codes and activities upon request
- Run financial queries upon staff request
- Provide time and expense details to Project Manager as incurred on project(s)
- Review missing time reports weekly and follow up with delinquencies
- Prepare and/or review staff utilization reports and flag issues for management
- Contribute to performance appraisal process for peers and managers
- Engage in team building activities
- Lead account team training covering department financial guidelines and processes
- Live the Edelman values (quality, integrity, respect, entrepreneurial spirit, mutual benefits)
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and pursuit of excellence in all endeavors
- Proactively anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Participate in continuing education classes (Edelman U: 24 credits per year)
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 65 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2011 “North American Large Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top five “2011 Best Places to Work.” Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edelman - 24 months ago
If image truly is everything, then Edelman may be one of the most indispensable companies around. Daniel J. Edelman, which does business...