Great opportunity with this rapidly growing Financial Services firm based in Dallas.
You will have diversified Network and System administration duties and be responsible for monitoring, break-fix and other operational duties as assigned. You will be responsible for third level technical trouble resolution, proactive monitoring, and internal/external communication including interacting with vendors to ensure timely resolution of trouble reports.
- First response resolution of all production alerts and Tier 1 escalated issues
- Monitor all aspects of the production systems, network infrastructure and related services
- Coordinate network circuit repair with 3rd party vendors for Cisco devices and circuits such as T3 and DS3
- Manage technical call bridges to coordinate resolution steps and obtain root cause
- Aggressively escalate production outages to support teams and management
- Manage 50 or more jobs in Control M Enterprise Job Scheduler
- Utilize TripWire application to ensure a consistent production environment
- Create process and procedures for operational tasks
- Effectively communicate problem status to customers and internal staff
- Must be able to find answers to technical problems through a variety of mediums
- Windows administration of production servers includes installations, maintenance of OS, etc
- Host Root Cause meetings to capture preventative steps from support teams
- Document trouble resolution through the use of an IT ticketing system
- Govern Change Control processes to ensure compliance and completeness.
- Perform all End of Day procedures
- Assist In all Level 1 System Engineering and Networking tasks
- Update and maintain CMDB repository
- Provide DataCenter duties such as routine monitoring and installing servers.
- Troubleshoot VMware infrastructure
- 3-5 years related work experience with in depth knowledge of Change Management and previous experience with ITSM or equivalent IT support environment
- Experience with ITIL methodologies and how they relate to Change Control and Problem Management
- Presentation experience; able to host and coordinate meetings
- Familiar with Problem Management and Root Cause processes
- Cisco CCNA certification or demonstrated proficiency
- Ability to create/revise technical documentation for tactical use and training
- Independent problem solver with strong inter-personal and communication skills with ability to interpret complex topics
- Experience with Solarwinds Enterprise monitoring tool
- 4-year college degree in computer science, a related degree or equivalent work experience
RedRiver Systems, LLC - 17 months ago