Cyber Network Systems Administrator 2 - Linux/Windows
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Systems Adninistrator 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Aberdeen, MD.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates
installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software
and allocating mass storage space.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience (4 yrs
additional experience in lieu of degree)
- Experience with the basic installation, operation, networking and configuration of old and modern (2000 to present) Linux/Windows operating systems - Example operating systems: Centox/Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows family (XP/2000/2003/2008/7)
* Experience with install/remove/configure software (windows binaries, scripts, linux packages (RPM/DEB), etc.)
- Experience with configuring basic OS networking services (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, NTP, NFS, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with scripting technologies. Preferably Perl or Python
- Experience with VMWare (ESXi, vCenter, vSphere, vCloud, Workstation, etc.)
- Experience with computer datacenter hardware (servers, networked storage systems), preferably from vendors HP, DELL or SuperMicro
- Experience with creating system / network documentation
- Experience with text-based file manipulation
- Must have an active TS Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Familiarity with authorization and hosting services (Active Directory, IIS, FTP, Apache, etc.)
- Familiarity with Monitoring Systems (Intermapper, Opmanager, Solarwind etc)
- Familiarity with database technologies, preferably MySQL
- Familiarity with using XML and JSON a plus
- Familiarity with networking technologies (Both OpenSource and commercial)
- TS/SCI preferred
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 12 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...