Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
Due to the continued growth of our Tax & Assurance Practice, we are currently interviewing Senior Audit Accountant . With over 30 years of service in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, our practice is recognized as a leader in providing accounting, audit and tax services to premier companies in the government contracting, technology, commercial and residential real estate development and management, construction, law firms, retail and other professional services firms. As Senior Audit Accountant you will work with a select group of professionals aligned, in an entrepreneurial environment, to provide clients solutions to help them meet their tax and accounting compliance requirements.
As a Senior Audit Accountant, you may be involved in a variety of professional services including:
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Financial Statements: Audit, review, compilation and agreed upon procedures
- Forecast and projections: Examination, compilation and assembly
- Attestation engagements
- Customized audit approval
- Benefit plan audits
With a staff of more than 1600, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
As a Senior Audit Accountant, your responsibilities will be to:
- Communicate with business owners as well as the internal accounting and audit departments of clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service.
- Interact directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Communicate audit findings and results to clients management team.
- Opportunity to actively participate in firm-wide initiatives, included CPE development, delivery and recruitment.
- Train, coach and develop Staff Accountants for advancement.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in external audit in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience .
- Excellent analytical and technical experience with GAAP, GASS and Auditing Standards.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership skills and integrity within a professional environment.
- CPA certification or the ability to sit for the CPA is highly desired.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize...