As a Unix Systems Administrator you will work as part of a highly
technical team of professionals who support the day-to-day management and
operations of Linux Systems.
This position is responsible for the maintenance, upgrades and migration of the
production environment as well as related systems, (preferred experience
Setup, configuration, general maintenance and troubleshooting of all Linux
Perform routine monitoring and maintenance tasks under the direct supervision
of a more experienced Linux Administrator.
- Experience with at least two UNIX/Linux distributions, eg, RedHat (incl.
CentOS, Fedora), Ubuntu, FreeBSD, OpenBSD Solaris, etc.
- Monitor system performance and capacity planning.
- Candidate who can bring intelligence, drive, and energy to the position and
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and Independent thinking.
- To be successful you will need a strong technical orientation; be a creative
problem solver; be motivated to advance in the field; and work well in a
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong commitment to
producing high quality documentation are beneficial.
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and strong time
- Works with little supervision in conjunction with the other Linux
administrators and IT teams to provide support for all Linux systems, including
system implementation and management, package builds, permission changes and
ticket requests, as well as proposes and implement new system enhancements.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical
- Understanding of web servers and web application servers (IIS, Apache,
Tomcat, Websphere, and Weblogic)
A Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences,
or related technical field is required; or equivalent experience.
Pittsburgh Career Connector - 21 months ago