GP Strategies is an international performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients include leading Global 500 companies and government organizations. We employ more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
GP Strategies has an immediate need for an Instructional Designer. We are seeking both full-time, regular and part-time, temporary employees for this role.
- Design and script large, complex interactive Web-based projects (including test, narration, sound effects and graphics/animations) for national clients in a creative, team-oriented environment
- Collaborate to develop project goals, training objectives and measurements by analyzing needs and proposing multiple solutions
- Network and partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic instructional direction
- Design the user's navigation path(s) within the training experience
- Partner with graphics, Web developers, and courseware developers to develop program elements and requirement
- Collaborate and define the creative treatment and content scope of the project
- Draft a complete design document to include: Audience and learning environment analysis, Instructional goals and strategy, Content outline, User navigation, Screen/page template designs, Storyboard/script development with text, voice, sound, and graphics descriptions and instructions to production team, Prototype development, Measuring results
- Use rapid development content tools (Captivate, Articulate, Lectora etc.) to create online courseware
- Create adjunct online deliverables including product data sheets, comparison charts, e-mail blasts, course descriptions and web site copy
- Create face to face training materials
- Create print deliverables
- Direct personal development by actively identifying new areas for one’s own personal learning.
- Regularly attend learning opportunities and apply newly gained knowledge and skills on the job
- Mentor and coach associate instructional designers
- Bachelors degree in information design, instructional development or related fields and/or at least two to three years experience with interactive training projects (can be a combination of education and experience)
- Experience with Lectora desired
- Instructional design background including strong knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles, learner needs, delivery of Web-based content and diverse, multicultural backgrounds
- Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches in a cost
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence stakeholders
- Conceptual and strategic thinker, team player, excellent communication skills with clients and coworkers
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Experience working with engineering and developers a plus
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines (project management and time management skills)
- Experience with financial institution training a plus
- Experience developing virtual instructor-led training
- Experience developing instructor led training
- Experience with WBT (web based training)
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
GP Strategies Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Option Six wants to close the book -- the jargon-filled training manual, that is -- on boring educational materials. The company creates...