- Manage larger team(s), managers (Manager Is) of teams, area(s), or customer(s) with broad scope or impact, including setting organizational direction/work prioritization, people development, cost management, and alignment with larger business goals.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports. May coach and mentor nondirect reports as needed. Manage Focal Point Review (FPR) process for HP employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Monitor and ensure organizational goals and contractual commitments are met (e.g. budget/cost, service availability, responses, reports).
- Advise management and peers on broad organizational, technical, and strategic matters of importance.
- Create strategic business plan for organization within guidelines of documented Business Unit/Corporate objectives; ensure proposed projects receive appropriate support.
- Resolve/monitor customer escalations as appropriate.
- Establish and manage relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business. Directs and controls activities for:
- regional or global
- large/major customer(s)
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold Master’s or advanced degree in related field. Typically 10+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Healthcare knowledge strongly preferred
- (strong) Workforce Management/development
- (developing) Managing Managers
- Strategic Planning
- (developing) Negotiation Skills/(strong) Influencing Others
- Customer/Vendor Management, escalation management, customer relationship-building
- Knowledge of Corporate capabilities and outsourcing industry norms
- (strong) Business Analysis, Business Planning
- Financial Management/Cost Management
- General Project Management
- General understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- General understanding of related technologies
- Knowledge of industry and market trends
Business Execution & Performance Monitoring
Actively monitors business performance to ensure effectiveness, adjust strategy as required, and identify investment returns
Prioritizes support requests to ensure optimum application of operational and administrative resources
Cross Organizational Coordination & Alignment
Collaborates collegially with peers in other companies, divisions or departments as required to ensure effective program/project management, and responsive administrative coordination
Continuously drives, supports, and communicates initiatives to improve practice effectiveness
Systematically uses Information Technology (IT) Outsourcing Methodology (ITOM) to coordinate activities and communications, and contribute to the achievement of desired results
Client/Customer Relationship Building
Demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within HP to support building strategic trusted advisor status
HPS/BU Business Context
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by HP Services (HPS)/Business Unit (BU) solutions, and HP's strategy for market penetration
Understands HPS/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
HPS Solution Interfaces
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions - HPS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HP's partner strategies
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 15 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...