Zachry Industrial, Inc. (ZII), based, in San Antonio, TX, is a family-owned, privately held company dedicated to the planning, building, and renewing of emerging energy, power, cement, refining, and pulp and paper facilities. As an industrial engineering, construction, and maintenance provider, we pride ourselves on a nearly 85-year history that has led to more than 6,000 completed projects in the United States and abroad.
As the largest direct-hire, merit shop contractor in the United States, we realize our most important asset is our people – which is why safety remains our highest priority and most important corporate value. Zachry Industrial, Inc. is a business base in trust, integrity, service, and commitment to our customers and employees. We know that it takes a collaborative, practical and visionary force of people to achieve the Zachry standard.
Zachry Industrial, Inc. is currently seeking a Safety Facilitator for our Americas Styrenics project in St. James, Louisiana. The Site Safety Support Facilitator is critical for the overall compliance and consistency of applying established process and procedures by the operational team. Clear understanding of the applicable processes and procedures with a keen awareness of the necessity to communicate intent between the Operations Group and the Safety Management Team is essential. Dealing factually and accurately with optional approaches in field execution is critical The Safety Support Facilitator is challenged to work closely in a productive manner with “Line Management”, communicating guidelines and established procedures without losing the realization that certain variances will be called upon, using the skills of bringing forward clear facts to allow the more experienced Safety Support Team members to help evaluate unusual situations is critical, and building strong relationships with a variety of personalities on the Operations Team is paramount in supporting success as a facilitator. Strong observation skills are necessary to understand the applicability of established Safety Program guidelines and mandates. A strong willingness to research and read extensive statutory guidelines, as well as Corporate Programs, is key to overall support of the Safety Process. Ability to follow instructions and provide clear reports (verbally especially) are key components of continuing to grow within the Safety Department. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure all employees understand compliance requirements of all Site Safety Rules and Policies, and all OSHA, State, Federal, and Local Laws.
- Supervise all medical activities and services within the Site.
- Develop and recommend safety-training activities as required. Coordinate training activities as necessary.
- Maintain safety statistics/control charts for the site.
- Implement/coordinate the documentation of all safety and medical activities.
- Ensure accurate investigations of all accidents and/or incidents. Review and approve all accident/incident reports.
- Assist site trainer with compliance of the new employee orientation process.
- Review and endorse all safety and/or medical purchases.
- Ensure JSA/CHA policy and the safety meeting requirements are followed.
- The Safety Facilitator shall inspect the site for hazardous and/or unsafe conditions and request that corrections are made by the supervisor in charge of the operation.
- He/she will attend Supervisor and Foremen’s safety meetings on a daily rotating basis but will not conduct these meetings.
- He/she shall participate in educational inspections where appropriate and coordinate such inspections as deemed necessary within their assigned work areas.
- Provide instruction and guidance regarding correct safety procedures as necessary within their assigned work areas.
- Stop work when imminent danger exists and notify the appropriate field supervisor, and the Safety and Health Manager.
- Ensure awareness of Safety process for compliance and non-compliance with OSHA and site rules.
- Use available tools to ensure safe practices are being followed.
- Provide instruction and guidance in correcting safety infractions.
- Respond to all medical emergencies when requested.
- Provide first aid treatment.
- Assist Site Safety and Health Manager in maintenance of accurate and complete first-aid/safety records.
- Stay familiar with the site conditions and routes of egress.
- Assure that first-aid facilities are kept in a sanitary, clean, fully stocked condition and state of readiness.
- Listen to employee concerns regarding safety & health and take appropriate action.
Zachry Industrial Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- The ability to conduct field level training is a requirement.
- A safety facilitator is generally a field level position
Zachry - 19 months ago