Builders, contractors and remodelers across the country trust Norandex, a division of Saint-Gobain, and for good reason: We’re one of the leading distributors of exterior building products in the United States. Since 1946, we’ve been dedicated to searching out new and innovative ways to improve the quality of our products and services. We are an industry leader because we are a team of many with one common goal: A Passion for Our Customers and that means so much more to us than selling siding, roofing, windows, doors and other building materials.
We have an immediate opening for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our Hot Springs, AR Team as a CDL B Truck Driver who will also assist with Warehouse functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• This position requires a valid CDL Class B license.
• Candidates must have a good driving record and warehousing/forktruck experience.
• Expected to operate the truck in compliance with all state and federal safety and administrative requirements.
• Load and secure material in the truck to ensure no damage in transit.
• Ensure that material loaded for delivery matches shipping documents and that the products are in good condition.
• Requires skill and ability to work in the warehouse, pulling and checking in material, and driving/delivery of product.
• Place material in proper storage locations and secure in accordance with safe storage, stacking, or palletizing methods.
• Locate and stage material for delivery by company truck or for pickup by customers.
• Periodically examine stored material and report any deterioration or damage.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of products and inventory
• As needed, provide back-up support to front desk, assisting customers with orders.
• Develop understanding and utilize company ordering system and related PC programs.
• Maintain warehouse in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
• Willing and able to work safely at all times.
• Able to lift extremely heavy, awkward products to store in or remove from the warehouse, or load and unload onto a truck.
• Requires physical work outside under varying weather conditions.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, dental, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Weekly pay
Job Requirements (Education & Experience):
• 2+ years driving, delivery and/or warehouse experience, preferably in the building materials industry.
• CDL Class B License required.
• Be able to successfully pass a Valid OSHA approved forklift certification (company training provided). Must be able to operate a forklift and hand jack.
• Experience operating a Moffett/portable forklift.
• Be able to pass a USDOT medical examination and drug screen.
• Evidence of a good driving record free of recent infractions and accidents.
• Oral communication and customer service skills, including the ability to read, write and speak English and be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
If you build it, Saint-Gobain Corporation will probably be involved. The holding company oversees the North American operations of French...